What we have learned in 2012...
So it’s that time of year where we all take stock of the past 12 months and come up with a plan for next year… To make life easier for you I have put together a list of email marketing trends and best practice’s that we all need to carry through into our strategies for 2013…
1. Optimise for people on the move – Designing your emails with mobile in mind
2. Be social – Email and social media… a match made in heaven
3. Think about your subject lines – Change the subject
4. Consider a responsive template – Time to get responsive
5. Send at the right time – The million dollar question… When is the best time to send your emails?
6. Engage with your audience – Writing creative content, be engaging, be credible, be consistent
7. Grow your data organically – Growing your data
8. Education is vital – little green plane events
9. Segment your data – Divide and conquer
10. Test, test and test again! – Perfect your emails with a screenshot test
We have learnt so much over 2012 and exciting times lie ahead for email marketing, the most important thing we can all take away from this year is that email still has the best ROI over any other form of digital marketing and every business can benefit from a good campaign!
If you would like more information on how little green plane can help with your strategy please do get in contact with our consultant Louise Stephens by email or phone on: 0845 8620144