I get by with a little help from my friends
So, you’ve just started with email marketing and have sent out a series of successful campaigns. Your contact database is growing with each email. How do you take advantage of the network that your contacts have? What else can you do to reach new audiences?
One way to create stunning emails that can be accessed by the contacts of your network is to use little green plane’s ‘Send to a Friend’ function. This allows supporters already on your database to forward the content to others.
Here are the steps involved:
- Create your email as usual
- In the HTML editor, click where you want the ‘Send to a Friend’ link to appear
- In the bottom toolbar there should be a drop down menu option called 'code snippets'
- Click this and you will be able to access some predefined links, one of which is 'Send to a Friend'
- Select this and it will drop the code required to create the link where your cursor is
The key to ‘Send to a Friend’ is to create an email that includes multiple links to your website. This way, when an associate of your contact is forwarded the email, it drives them to visit your site. Make sure you have a prominent sign-up box on the page that they will be visiting. They can then register themselves on your list and you can contact them directly.
Our customers are our ambassadors of our product. If you like little green plane, why not tell a friend about it?