Email marketing's return on investment
Here at little green plane we know the value of email marketing for business. We have seen the fantastic results it generates for a huge cross-section of industries and understand the importance of following best practice.
We preach country wide about the value of a good campaign strategy, but for those of us who prefer the figures and the facts, we have created this post to help convince the doubters and boost the confidence of the converted that email marketing really will deliver a great return on your investment.
The STATS are in!
- Email brought in a staggering £25.75 for every £1 spent in 2011
- The figure above compares to catalogues at just £4.63, search’s return of £14.20, internet display advertising of only £12.52 and mobile’s return of £6.67
- The DMA projects email to drive $67.8 billion in sales in 2012 and $82.2 billion in sales in 2016
Figures produced by: Direct Marketing Association “Power of Direct” (2011)
We are not the only ones…A study conducted by Econsultancy (“Email Marketing Census 2011”) showed that an overwhelming 72% of responding companies rated email’s ROI as either ‘excellent’ or ‘good.’
Want a piece of the action?
With returns like that who wouldn’t? So, the next question is how do you get that £25.75 return for every £1 you spend?
- Start as you mean to go on: Have a template created by professionals… Using a stock template is not ideal; it will not follow your brand guidelines to the letter which can make editing an arduous task and cause inconsistency with your branding. It is a quick ‘one size fits all’ fix and may not set the right tone for your business and campaign. A template tailored to your business, however, will eradicate these concerns.
- Take advantage of any training that is on offer, don’t just guess at it: Not all ESPs will provide you with training; however it is vital to understand the dos and don’ts of email marketing, not just how the software works. Do you understand the rules of the fold? Do you know how to avoid the spam folder or the best ways to segment your lists?
- Create engaging content from the outset: The wrong content can leave both you and your audience frustrated…think about whom you want to communicate with and what you want to tell them. For more insight into this please see our writing engaging content blog.
- Repeat: Once you have the template, knowledge and focused content you will be on to a winner! All that is left to do is repeat this for every campaign and watch the pounds roll in!
The little green plane starter pack is specifically designed for you to get the best possible return on your investment to find out more please contact Louise Stephens on 01473 858843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org