Email marketing ideas for Valentine’s Day
Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. Whether you are a retailer or in a business to business environment, why not harness the power of email marketing to run an effective Valentine’s Day campaign this February?
Here are just a handful of ideas of how you can use email marketing for a Valentine’s Day campaign:
- B2B – if you are targeting other businesses, think about creating a February-specific offer or ‘service of the month’ to your subscribers. Alternatively, you could offer a free white paper ‘our Valentine’s gift for you’, a free consultation or ‘date’ or even a themed event.
- B2C – if you are a retailer or are targeting consumers, Valentine’s Day should be high on your radar. Sell, sell, sell! Send out gift ideas, segment by gender, and issue several reminder e-shots (one week to go, two days to go, etc to build momentum). If you are providing extended delivery slots or other last minute incentives, these are worth publicising on email too. A lot of people search for Valentine’s gifts whilst they are at work (providing absolute secrecy from their partners) so email is a great medium to reach out to buyers as people are likely to be sat at their desks anyway.
- Haters – If you are not in the mood for love, you could run an anti-Valentine’s Day promotion. It could be alternative present idea for subscribers, a shameless plug of your business or an event. “Hate Valentine’s Day? Come to our digital marketing event instead on DATE and share the love”, or “Love yourself this Valentine’s by signing up to a postgraduate diploma in xx”.
- Brand – Another little tip is to think about updating your template design for any email you are planning to send in February. A slight design tweak can refresh your campaigns, increase engagement and will show that your company is fun and approachable to do business with.
- E-cards - As well as the one you love, why not consider sending an e-card to friends, family, co-workers, clients and suppliers? “With love from…name/company name.”
Love your customers with our February offers
To get you in the mood, we have two fantastic February offers for you.
1,000 free emails
We'll give you 1,000 free credits for any email package you buy during February. View our full range of packages, which start from £25, at www.littlegreenplane.com/pricing
Send a Valentine's e-card for £295
Need a branded Valentine's e-card to target consumers or businesses? Check out our e-card pack. Get 2,500 emails, a branded card, a managed send and report for £295. For more info please visit www.littlegreenplane.com/